"RC Localize Translate Visual Studio RC resources files, localize your application easily."
RC Localize is a tool, which will help you to localize your Windows resource files (from Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.Net, or any other applications). Localize your application easily: select the resource file, add the languages in which you want localize your application and you are ready to start the translation. The RC Localize integrated environment simplifies greatly the localization of your resources texts, and helps you to generate more secured release. For each item, you clearly see the text in your native language and the translations in each language you added to the resource. Moreover, RC Localize displays the dialogs, and you see immediately the localisation results.
RC Localize will save your time and make your application more secure:
Create more secure release of your application: Using RC Localize, you are sure that all items of original resource are in the localized resource:
It is not safe to use the Visual Studio resource editor for localizing your resources files. Your application might crash if you add an item to a dialog in a given language and omit to add it in the others languages of your resource. You can also forget to translate an item or forget to report changes among the different languages of your resource. You will not be trapped anymore using RC Localize, because localized resources are copied from the one that is used to finalize you application. Moreover, resources checking feature makes your localized application more secured. RC Localize also checks and corrects mnemonics and verifies that texts fit in dialog item boundary.
Localized resources can contain one or more languages:
When exporting localized ressources from RC Localize, you choose the language you want to include and the exportation format (ANSI or unicode). Nothing is easier to generate a multilingual release for your application or a dedicated release, which contains only a given language.
Time is precious! Save your time:
It is no more necessary to use the fastidious Visual Studio editor for localizing your resources files. RC Localize makes the navigation through the resources items easy and displays them in Unicode. When you update a project, RC Localize finds items, which have not already been translated or which need to be checked.
Leave the translation to a translator: give him the RC Localize project:
This will allows him to focus only on the translation. Translator does not need to have your resources files and to edit them with the Visual Studio resources editor. RC Localize previews the dialogs, which is a great help to understand the localization context. Moreover, verification flags will help him to find the items, which have been modified and which need to be checked again.
RC Localize list of features:
Importation / exportation:
• Import RC files (from Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.Net 2003 / 2005, or any other applications) in a RC Localize project. Ressource files might be in ANSI or unicode format.
• Text edition in unicode for a perfect language support.
• Merge several resources into a single resource or several RC Localize project into a single project.
• Export localized resource files to a single resource file (all languages in one resource) or in several resource files (one resource file per language).
• Compile directives support (#if, #ifndef...). RC Localize keeps all the specifics directives (include directive, read only directive, compile time directive...)
• Automatic project update, when the resources have been modified. Several update modes are available.
• Neutral language support (LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_NEUTRAL).
• Importation/exportation from/to an unicode text file (extract texts from your resource files).
• Send the localization project by email to a translator.
• Simultaneous and multilingual (Unicode) displays of texts to translate (Japanese, Arabic, Greek...).
• Dialogs preview.
• Items tree clearly displays resource items (menus, dialogs, texts, combos, bitmaps...).
• Setting for the size font used to edit texts.
• Support all ASCII, MBCS and unicode languages supported by Windows (English, German, Japanese, Arabic, Chinese...).
• Fast edition, which supports layout characters conversion (tabulation, carriage return...).
• Special characters checking (formatting characters, layout characters, spaces...).
• Check and correct mnemonic characters.
• Check dialog item boundary.
• Search/replace text feature in a given language.
• Text replacement for all items, which have a given name.
• Search for items, which have not been translated or verified.
• Automatic text substitution feature, when exporting the resource.
• Copy/paste all items from a dialog or a menu to another one.
development, resource, msdev, visual, studio, rc, localization, localize, translation, translate, edit, editor, application, item, dialog, menu, string, unicode, english, french, spanish, deutch, japanese, arabic, RC Localize